2012年5月27日日曜日

Wuthering Heights

I read the first three pages of Wuthering Heights, and thought that it was the most difficult first three pages that I had ever read. That is because I can never sympathize with anyone in the scene. Everyone seems to be so selfish and self-centered that they don’t have kindness and don’t behave friendly. My teacher said “horrible people are horrible to each other.” I think that it really makes sense.
The author, Emily Bronte was born and grew up in Yorkshire, where there isn’t anything gorgeous or showy but is vast nature. She was likely to write this novel in the silence surrounded by green. I wonder what led her to create such horrible people. Did she have something trouble with human relations? I searched on the Internet, and found that this story was created almost by her imagination: no model or experience. It was amazing that such complex human relations were made only by imagination. However, this novel was criticized severely while she was alive. So not knowing the admiration, she died. Moreover it is regrettable that this is only long novel of her works. If she had written another long novel, what would have been it like?

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿