2012年7月15日日曜日

Shakespeare

It is clear that the most famous poet and playwright is William Shakespeare. He wrote a lot of dramas and poetry. Those works are all sophisticated and we find that he was so clever. Now he appears in a lot of movies and TV programs. He became an actor after he died! By the way, his wife is Anne Hathaway! It is too bad that she didn’t appear in The Devil Wears Prada.
I have read Macbeth and King Lear when I was in high school. Fortunately, I passed early the entrance examination and I have a lot of time. So my Japanese teacher gave me homework (reading those books) and in his class I watched “Kumono-sujo”, in which the plot of Macbeth transposes to Japanese situation at the age of Sengoku, and “Ran”, in which the plot of King Lear transposes to Japanese situation at the age of Sengoku. Both of works were created by Akira Kurosawa. They really shocked me, so when I talk about Shakespeare, I always remember the scene of those movies.
When I searched the Internet for Shakespeare information, I found an interesting article. It is said there that Shakespeare was not one person but a name of many playwrights. I know it is perfectly myth. However, if it should be true, the world would be thrown into an uproar. I want to be involved in the uproar just a little as a student who is studying English literature.

 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿